There’s a time to be serious, but definitely not all the time! The risk of burnout increases as one becomes too serious. Seriously.
What if you treat your business venture like a sport, or even a game?
Business is a game; so have fun playing! That’s not to suggest that you goof off and go bonkers. Find ways to chill out once in a while.
Here’s a simple suggestion:
Assign point values to each daily task.
- 1 point for each blog post,
- 10 points for each client presentation
- 50 points for each new client account acquired
Assign point values for “rewards”
- Watch a movie – 70 points
- Watch a movie and grab a bucket of popcorn – 80 points
- Buy new sneakers – 250 points
- Buy an overpriced, obsolete-in-6-months phone – 1,800 points
- Buy a posh condo unit – 6,000,000 points
Now you have some fun incentive attached to every task, not just “because I have to”.
What about you, how do you inject fun and enjoyment into your business?